Sunday, October 24, 2010

To My Dear Daughter

As I type this, you are sleeping.  Today you are just 1 day shy of being a week old.  After much thought, and little planning, I have decided that I am under some conviction to dedicate (at least) this year to faithfully documenting your life, learning, and growing. 

But more importantly, through your blog, though you will only be an infant this year -- not capable of domestic tasks -- I hope to begin to instill in you a love for the Word of God and a desire to be a Proverbs 31 lady. 

The art of homemaking is one that has to be passed down, instilled, and demonstrated.  In our culture today, being a happy homemaker is not something that you will learn at school from your teacher (unless you are homeschooled), on TV, through music, or even in many books.  It is a gift that I want to give to you. 

There is great joy in fulfilling this God-given task that has been committed to us as women.  Dear daughter, I hope and pray to be the mother that inspires you to your calling, the rich heritage that is found in Christ Jesus.  As you grow, may I be filled with the fruit of the spirit and pass that on to you, along with many other homemaking delights. 

Should I fail in this, please remind me that "the wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction." (Proverbs 16:21)

My goal: to blog or post a picture of you for 365 days.  After that, I plan on printing your blog as a book and giving it to you shortly after your first birthday.  If this blog is a success, not in the world's eyes, but in the commission that the Lord has given me, then I shall continue to love on you and write down the ways that you should go, so that you will not depart from your heritage.  Thus as you grow older, you will have almost a guide for your life that will never replace the Bible, but (Lord willing) serve as an example of the Word put into practice.

I love you little one. 

Love,
Mom

One day old . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment