Friday, November 5, 2010

365/19 and Belly Button Healing

Today you saw Swathi, your healthcare provider,  for the first time.  Daddy and Sir Honey came to your appointment, too, while Nana babysat your brothers.  

Swathi thought you were perfect, but I already knew that.  God did such a good job knitting you together.

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.
(Psalm 139: 13-18)

You weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces.  And you shrunk an inch! 

I thought that we were going to get out of going to the doctor all of the time for all those silly well-baby visits since we were abstaining from immunizations.  Alas . . . no. 

I think that Swathi  genuinely wants to be involved in your life and development. 

Really.  At least, I hope.

But still . . . . it is kind of inconvenient to go, when you are healthy.  And I’ll be bringing 4 children with me most of the time.

F week 016

Now that we aren’t joined by an umbilical cord, you often spend your days in the Moby Wrap or a ring sling.  I do believe I like having you much better on the outside of me.  However, I can’t be remiss in healing the site where we were connected. 

sp photo shot 079

Simple solution.

Goldenseal powder.

November 066

Because you belly button was remaining moist and not quite healing, I applied goldenseal powder to your belly button.  It is  a bit messy, but very effective.  If you can’t find a jar of goldenseal powder, simply break open a capsule and pour out the contents onto a belly button! 

P.S.  Goldenseal powder is also very effective if sprinkled on a hemorrhoid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment